Saturday, June 2, 2007

On my to-do list

I gave up on knitting my sister's scarf in time for her birthday. It'll have to be a Christmas present - a scarf in summer? Why not! It was getting tedious, though, and I got caught up in knitting with my new Baa Bums wool, sooo I just ordered her a T-shirt online instead. Sometimes I'm very lazy ;)
The longies (with the Baa Bums wool, using Shannon's pattern on Nappycino) are coming along nicely, I'm about two-thirds of the way through the body. This wool (4BF merino) is a dream to work with.
I despair of my jumper ever getting done. I think for my first adult garment I should have picked something in a bulkier yarn (it's knit on 3.25mm needles). But depending on what the weather is like as I come to the end of the body, I could easily make it short-sleeved or even sleeveless for spring evenings.
And my first glove is about halfway done. I think I'll go back to that when I finish the longies.
I've just drafted a few different patterns together to get a basic pants pattern that should fit Alastair perfectly. I have some cotton velour and corduroy to do up into pants. I think Emma might like a pair of velour pants too.
Unfortunately our camera has been at the repair shop for EIGHT WEEKS *grrr* so no WIP (work-in-progress) pics for now.

No comments:

Followers