Sunday, March 30, 2008

*grumble* I really want to find this battery charger.

Today I have been very domestic. From the terribly mundane - three loads of washing - to the more interesting.

Working on the basis that it's more environmentally friendly to FILL the oven when you use it, I figured it's a darn good excuse to bake dessert. So we're having beef and vegie casserole (I cooked a double batch since I'm at work - well, uni prac - all this week), with mashed potato for dinner. Plus I filled up the oven with an apple and rhubarb crumble and a big batch of banana muffins. (The muffins will mostly go to my parents tomorrow as they're helping out heaps with childcare over the next three weeks while I do this prac. Not to mention the kids will eat them out of house and home, so a small contribution will not go astray.) I burnt the muffins a little :( but they're still good, and the casserole smells great.

I also started my first ever pair of knitted socks! I know, I know, I have so many projects on the go. But they're all somewhat large, and I need something portable to take to work for my lunch breaks. I'm going with Knitty's Thuja because it looks simple, yet attractive, plus being 8ply/4mm needles it should be a good introduction to sock knitting. I have a few skeins of gorgeous sock yarn to move on to once I've practiced.

Yeh, this post kind of sucks without pictures, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Thuja is a great sock pattern. One thing, I did mine on 4mm needles with 4BF merino and unless you are a tight knitter I'd reccomend going down 1-2 needle sizes as it ended up a bit loose for my liking.

Georgie said...

Thanks! I am a pretty tight knitter on DPNs (I think I'm scared of the stitches sliding off or something), so I like the look of the fabric so far (about 4 inches in, yay!)

Followers