Sunday, May 4, 2008

Whee! Newborn fluff



All made with the Darling Diapers newborn pattern, but I adapted the pattern to make a fold-out soaker.

Outers: cotton knit
Hidden layer: hemp fleece
Inners: cotton velour (the squishiest velour EVER) and sherpa (so fluffy)
Fold-out soaker: velour/sherpa/hemp (3 layers in total, doubled over)





I went with the fold-out soaker (sewn in at the back) for maximum absorbency with minimal drying time, for this winter baby. There's no internal soaker at all, so there's only ever three layers together.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

New born nappies are so cute. Well done they look ace.

Anonymous said...

Nawwww how cute!! I am supposed to be trying my hand at nappies for #3 but haven't gotten to it yet, LOL.

Ruth said...

They are so cute! Great fabrics you have used too :-)

Alissa said...

These are adorable! I'm just about to make some Darling Diapers newborns, so I was searching for some pics and found your blog. I'm (not so) patiently waiting for my snap press to arrive in the mail. :)

Take care!
Alissa

Followers