Friday, July 11, 2008

Yeh, I've been slack again. I'm now nearly 41 weeks pregnant and today finally got the motivation to do some sewing. Most of my fabric is packed away (again), so this was all made from scraps - hence the slightly odd fabric choices!



Post-partum pads (backed with ProCare, core of bamboo terry, one has a scrummy cotton velour top, the other has the Elmo flannelette), and 2 pairs of breastpads (backed with PUL - I'm not prone to getting sweaty/heat rashes and I tend to leak through non-waterproofed ones quite quickly in the early days). The overlocking is way dodgy, but hey, who cares?



Fleece liners for that meconium stage, and some scrap wipes (the strange shapes being to get the most out of my fabric scraps).

I feel very thrifty!

Oh, and here's a hat I knitted up and took forever to seam up:



Ear flap!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Very practical :) You will soon be getting use of all of those. Hugs and good luck :)

Ruth said...

I don't think anyone could possible call you slack!! Well done for achieving anything at 41 weeks pregnant and 2 little kiddies to look after... wow! I love the little hat!

Ruth xx

Unknown said...

WOW 41 weeks! You got a lot accomplished there! The hat is so cute!!!

Missy said...

hehe I love the little hat!! Very cute. And yes... I noticed the fabric choices... elmo pads hehe

Congratz on the little girl too :)

Followers