Friday, March 6, 2009

Tie-dying day and a refashion



A group of friends and I decided to get together for a tie-dying session today. I'd never done it before, but a couple of the women had, so they were our resident experts. This is a good way to get a few different colours without buying them all, and have some good company!

This is my stuff:



I got a bit of dye transfer on the orange shirt from packing it up too quickly while wet (had to catch a lift home with my dressmaker's dummy!), but they're all awesome, especially compared to the stained, boring clothes they were before. The big thing is a yard of bamboo fleece fabric :)

I think my faves are the purple and red. I'm definitely going to try this again!



This was a shirt of Emma's that was too short. I chopped up a pink stretchy top I was never going to wear (have plenty left of that for other similar projects), added a strip on the bottom, a bit at the neckline to co-ordinate, and stitched over the butterfly motif in matching magenta thread to pull it together. I tried a rolled hem on the bottom that didn't really work, though. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Followers