(And they won't break the bank either.)
Friday 12 November:
Turning on the Christmas Lights
7pm, Forrest Place, Perth.
Free! Check out the giant Christmas Tree in Forrest Place, towering at more than 13 metres tall and decked out with more than 2000 lights, and the arrival of Santa to switch the lights on. Enquiries: 9461 3368 or visit www.perth.wa.gov.au
Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 November:
Perth Heritage Days
All around the city
Free! Celebrate the heritage of our capital city. A huge range of activities are planned for the whole family, including:
- Horse and cart rides around the city
- Open day with rides on vintage fire engines, displays and a water pumping competition.FESA Education and Heritage Centre, Old Central Fire Station, cnr Murray & Irwin Sts, Perth.
- Archaelogical activities at Government House, St Georges Tce, Perth.
- Story-telling and children’s activities at the Royal Perth Hospital museum, Wellington St, Perth.
- Children’s activities at the City of Perth Library, Law Chambers (lower floor), 573 Hay St, Perth.
For a full schedule of events, visit www.heritageperth.com
Telethon Kids Carnival
10am-5pm, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
A variety of children’s rides, including a bouncy castle, ferris wheel, aqua bubble and rollercoaster, along with face painting, balloon-twisting and other entertainment. All rides included in entry fee (bargain!!). $5 per person. Enquiries: #9344 0754 or visit www.telethon.7perth.com.au
Sunday 14 November:
Castledare Miniature Railway Family Fun Day
Castledare Place, Wilson.
Activities include two bouncy Castles (one for special needs children), face painters, Faerie Cara, an animal nursery, raffles, unlimited train rides (shoes must be worn) and a sausage sizzle. Adults $10, children $5. Bookings essential: 0402 505 767 or 0413 434 669.
Little Feet Festival
1pm-5pm, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup
Free! With the theme ‘Feel the Rhythm’, learn about song, music and dance. Live music with interactive workshops and jam sessions. Adults can also browse the Junior Upmarket on-site. Enq: #9400 4705 or visit www.joondalup.wa.gov.au
I'm hoping to share these lists regularly, let's just say this kind of information-gathering is my job :)