I've been feeling rather wallow-y this week. So here are five good things about today, the fifth day of the week AND the month.
1. Walking around the park with my big-little boy and his kindy class (and the rest of the school) for the school walk-a-thon.
2. Rain. Only a little, but still nice for this time of year.
3. Getting a reasonable amount of work done today.
4. Getting house plans for our extension from the builder. Now I'm dreaming of a linen cupboard, a full-sized bathtub, a second bathroom, double-door pantry, 900mm oven, and actual cupboard space in my kitchen. Not to mention living space where we don't constantly trip over each other. Fingers crossed the costing comes in under budget! At the moment we have 2 bedrooms, a study/office/junk storage room, tiny kitchen, small & awkward dining-living area, and the wet areas in a dodgy old lean-to extension. There's not a lot of room on the block for expansion (we can't afford to go up at this stage), but this is quite cleverly designed and eliminates some awkward spaces we have now.
5. Today is my big girl's last day of being seven years old!